Spin_Orbit Calculation

Problems running VASP: crashes, internal errors, "wrong" results.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

gbester
License Nr.: 5-2146

Spin_Orbit Calculation

#1 Post by gbester » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Dear Colleagues,
I compiled the last VASP release, 5.3.5, using the flags appropriate for spin-orbit calculations (i.e. not using the -DNGZhalf and -DwNGXhalf precompiler options.). When I run the example
http://cms.mpi.univie.ac.at/wiki/index. ... _monolayer (all files taken from there)
the code sec faults just after entering the main loop (I have use "-check bounds" as compiler flag here):

------------------------------------
FFT: planning ...
WAVECAR not read
entering main loop
N E dE d eps ncg rms rms(c)
forrtl: severe (408): fort: (2): Subscript #4 of the array PAR has value 1 which is greater than the upper bound of 0

Image PC Routine Line Source
vasp_sequential_F 00000000019DBBA0 Unknown Unknown Unknown
vasp_sequential_F 0000000000B16CF7 Unknown Unknown Unknown
vasp_sequential_F 00000000011F9708 Unknown Unknown Unknown
------------------------------------

The non-spin orbit (collinear) versions of the code seems to work fine. So I don't have the feeling that it is a compilation issue (but I am not sure).
Before I dig deeper..., has anybody success running SO calculations with the last version?

Best,
Gabriel

support_vasp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Spin_Orbit Calculation

#2 Post by support_vasp » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:40 pm

Hi,

We're sorry that we didn’t answer your question. This does not live up to the quality of support that we aim to provide. The team has since expanded. If we can still help with your problem, please ask again in a new post, linking to this one, and we will answer as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

VASP